Saturday, July 26, 2008

Takin' a Break

A wise young man once posted this on his blog: "What is without rest will not endure." He attributed the quote to an ancient Roman poet named Ovid. Well, I think Ovid was a pretty sharp cat. So much so, that I have taken 2 weeks off of work, and the Collins' are hitting the road.

Over the next 2 weeks, we'll camp at Turkey Run (which means great food, hiking, canoe trips, horses, and lots of chillin'). Then we blow it out at Holiday World, with lots of roller coasters, rides and water park action. TSCC is hosting a "ServeFest" on August 2, and we'll share in that experience. Then we're back on the road to Gatlinburg, TN for a white-water rafting trip. I wrap up the 2 weeks with Willow Creek's Leadership Summit. Can I get a WOO HOO!?!

So, peace out and I'll check in on the blog world down the road a bit.

Later.

No comments: