Monday, June 16, 2008

Maybe the Best Father's Day Yet!

I've been a dad for 14 years now, and this year's Father's Day may have been my best Father's Day ever!

We began the day with awesome homemade cards, some thoughtful gifts, and scrambled eggs with cheese and ham (a treat for a guy on Lipitor!).



Then, we hit the road to Cincinnati and the Great American Ball Park to see the Reds play the Boston Red Sox. I can still remember as a 10 year old kid watching the 1975 series, and how Carlton Fisk "willed" his home run to stay fair. I think that series was one of the top 3 or 4 of all time. And this was the first time the Red Sox have been back to Cincy since then. Sadly, the Reds of 2008 aren't quite the Reds of 1975, and they got shelled 9-0. But the sun was shining, people were laughing, and it was a great day to watch the best sport going.


On the way home, at exit 186 on I-71/75 just over the Kentucky border, sat that most enchanting of restaurants - nay not enchanting, but addictive. Yes, I am speaking of Chipotle. Jacob and I have decided that a great road trip would be to hit all the Chipotle's on a tour of Mexican goodness. We started with this one!

As we pulled back into our drive at the end of an awesome day, we were greeted with this sunset, which served as a fitting exclamation point to my best Father's Day ever.

I am blessed. Truly.

No comments: