Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

I think sometimes that I struggle with calling the Friday before Easter "Good." And really, how many people ever slow down long enough to think about it? How can we (how dare we?) call the day that Jesus was nailed to a Cross - the day that he experienced such amazing physical pain - "good?"

Then I come face to face with the Message of the Cross, which is this: The demands of justice that I was due to pay for my wrong-doings to a holy, just God were paid by Jesus taking my place on a wooden execution stake. Theologians call this "substitutionary atonement." All I know is that by His Grace and Mercy, I AM FREE.

And that is GOOD.

If you have never given your life to Jesus - if you have never accepted Jesus' atoning work done on the cross in your place - I invite you to email me (thirdstringATyahooDOTcom). I'd love to listen to your questions, and walk a path towards Jesus together.

May the Marvelous Light of Easter shine brightly on you this weekend. Peace!

To read a physician's account of the crucifixion, go here.

No comments: