Friday, November 02, 2007

Prayers for the Weekend


This is a huge weekend in the life of Tulip Street Christian Church. A candidate for our Lead Pastor position will be visiting with us, and the agenda is full. We have an extended interview with him tomorrow, his wife will be touring the area with a Realtor, and there is an all-church pizza party tomorrow night with some informal Q&A. Sunday, our candidate will preach both services, then later in the day, TSCC will hold a church wide meeting to put our finger on the pulse of the church. Lastly, the leadership of the church will meet Monday night to plan our next steps. I have been responsible for planning most of this weekend's events. My tendency is to go over the details again and again (and again and again) looking for oversights, errors, etc. It's really hard for me to say "this is good and I can move on to something else." This has drained me in a scary way. At a time when I so very much desire to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and His leading, I am finding myself feeling cold, empty, and false. I would deeply appreciate your prayers this weekend. For our candidate, for our church, for God's purposes to be known, and even for me personally. Thank you in advance. I gotta tell you - I'm feeling like "a donkey on the edge!"

No comments: