Monday, February 11, 2008

Become What You Believe

From earlier posts, you all know that I really dig the movie "Stranger Than Fiction" - it's just excellent, and to me, is the best movie that Will Farrell has done. God just saturates that movie.

Anywho -

As I was reading recently in Matthew 9 in The Message version, I heard Jesus say this to the blind men: "Become what you believe." In the movie, Farrell's character is told "Live the life you've always wanted." I just want to encourage you all today to open yourselves up to the Abundant Life in Christ, and to not settle. (I'm preaching this mainly to myself, trust me!). I continue to be amazed at how God is orchestrating the timing of the material that we're studying in the Small Group that I'm a part of, the Elders of TSCC being led to ask hard questions about our church and discipleship, and what God is saying to us through His living Word. Let's be open to what God has for us, and become what we believe.

Peace Out.

Mike


(Matthew 9) 27-28 As Jesus left the house, he was followed by two blind men crying out, "Mercy, Son of David! Mercy on us!" When Jesus got home, the blind men went in with him. Jesus said to them, "Do you really believe I can do this?" They said, "Why, yes, Master!"

29-31 He touched their eyes and said, "Become what you believe." It happened. They saw.

No comments: