Monday, February 18, 2008

Coffee That Makes a Difference


I love coffee. I've drank it since I was probably 3 or 4 years old; black, if my grandpa was around, but if it was just me and my grandma, definitely cream and (lots of) sugar. One of my favorite things to share with my daughter, Michaela, is an early Saturday morning cup of coffee, just me and her. Good stuff.

Since
Catalyst last year, I've been thinking more and more about our environment and how we can affect change - Kingdom change, I believe. The folks from Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee provided free samples of their wonderful bean beverage for the conference, and their mission is a great one. You can read about it here. Their story got me thinking, but I hadn't acted yet.

But strolling through Wal Mart last Saturday night (ya, I know - a hot date, I am. Not.), I came across
Yuban coffee. Since we were out, I put the can in the cart. But not because I've had their coffee and liked it, but because of what was on their can. There was a symbol for the Rainforest Alliance, where Yuban claimed to be the world's largest supporter of Rainforest Alliance Certified™ coffee beans. In joining the Rainforest Alliance, Yuban helps to protect the environment and support the people and wildlife in coffee-growing regions. So, like their slogan says, I believe that the coffee I make can make a difference.

If you're a coffee drinker, give
Yuban a try. Because sometimes small changes, begun in simple ways, can really add up.

No comments: