Wednesday, April 02, 2008

From Haiti

Douglas and Heather are friends of mine, and are passionate Jesus followers. Heather and her daughter went to Haiti recently on a mission trip, and she shared her experience in a couple of emails. I thought I'd post them here so that you might capture just a taste of how that trip impacted Heather's life.


When I asked Heather if it was cool to share her emails, she replied with this:


Hi Michael... no problem posting... the only problem with people reading/listening about Haiti, or any other similar experience, is that it's just so secondhand... you can only have Haiti-in-a-box. You really can't understand it unless you hear it, smell it, taste it, feel it... and yes, you DO hear, smell, feel Haiti... It's a truly physical experience...It's so all encompassing... One thing that occurs to me is that I have a better appreciation of what it means to be fully engaged/owned by God... It's an object lesson for me. :) Feel free to do whatever you wish with the emails... just remember I was often incoherent from lack of sleep. Water trucks and roosters at all hours of the night play games with my ability to communicate clearly :) H

Okay - so be looking for Heather's emails to be posted soon. Until then, Peace Out.

No comments: