Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Generosity

Last Sunday's teaching at my church dealt with Generosity. I made a couple of notes that I wanted to throw out at you and get your input on.

The first thought I had is not original to me - if you have ever heard or read Rob Bell, you've heard this before: "We have been blessed to be a blessing to others. Money was never intended to be a burden; rather, it is to be a blessing from God to us, and through us God will bless others."

In the course of the sermon, there was the expected reminder that we need to be supportive of the work of the church. No surprises there, I guess. But I want to share what I scribbled down at that point in the service, and I'd like to hear what 'cha think:

"People will give to help other people (as I believe that by and large there is an inherent goodness in people that makes them want to see others fed, clothed, etc.); when people balk over giving, it is when they see money going into a church and not coming out to tangibly help people. It is vitally important for church leaders to continually be showing how the Church's money is impacting other peoples' lives."

Thoughts?

No comments: