Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Friend is Baptized!

I was excited and honored to be able to stand in the waters of baptism with my friend Amy Brothers this past Sunday. I was excited for several reasons; first and foremost, because of her commitment to Jesus Christ that she made public, by being "buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, she too may live a new life." [Romans 6]


But I’m also proud of how Amy got to this point. See, this is a perfect example of “doing life together.” Amy was invited to Tulip Street by Jodi Mundy. Those two had some mutual outside interests – their lives intersected – and because of a genuine friendship that grew out of those interests and intersections, the stories of BOTH of their lives are different now, in better ways. When I look at Amy, and consider the friendship that my family is sharing with Mark, Amy and their kids, I see a very cool picture of what can happen when we open our lives up to God’s purposes and seek to live those out. Good stuff - May Kingdom Come!



No comments: