Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Matthew 8: The Power of Our Life

I was reading in Matthew this morning, and in chapter 8 of The Message found something cool in the story about Jesus healing the leper.

After healing the leper, Jesus tells him to keep the healing on the down low. Jesus says, "Your cleansed and grateful life, not your words, will bear witness to what I have done." That has really struck me as powerful today. The old cliche sounds corny, but it's true. "Your life may be the only Bible someone ever reads." What will people learn about Jesus, his love, grace, mercy - and his Kingdom - by how I live today? Will I choose to live gratefully?


May the power source of my life be the power of the resurrected Christ! May each of your lives TODAY bear witness to what Christ has done for us, in us, and through us. AMEN.

No comments: