Friday, May 09, 2008

It's Been a Great Season!
















For the last three years, I've had the privilege of coaching the throwers on the Mitchell Junior High Track Team. This group includes 3 conference champions and several who have flirted with school records. But more important than all of that is this - these are good kids. They worked hard, played by the rules, and made this a fun season. I've tried to tell them that their lives have value, and that it doesn't matter what clothes they wear, or what kind of car their parents drive, or if other kids think they are "cool." What does matter is living each day fully as they enter into the life that God has for them.

At the end of the day, I really don't care if they throw 20 feet or 200 feet, if they've done their best. But I do care that they have ears to hear when God whispers to them. Guys - if you read this, know that I think you all are awesome, and that you have someone in me who will listen if you ever need a friend. Peace Out!


No comments: