Friday, May 30, 2008

A Winter's Walk


One of the great things about a 1GB memory card in your camera is that it holds tons of pictures. And one of the frustrating things about a 1GB memory card in your camera is that because it holds tons of pictures, you sometimes forget what is on the memory card!

I recently downloaded a pretty full card of pictures, and ran across a few shots that were of me on a walk last January in Spring Mill State Park. Seeing the pictures, I remembered my small journal that I carry in my fanny pack. I dug it out, and found these words, written the week that my high school friend John Foddrill took his life:

"In the midst of a crazy week, I am reminded that I have a full life. My heart is full. On a crisp, cold day, I sit at Bronson Cave with my body warmed by the walk to get here. I feel good. I snapped a picture, and the smile is real. The running water speaks a language that soothes my soul. It's good to be alive."











Spring Mill State Park

Trail 3
1-18-08

Let's live like it's good to be alive today as well. You with me?

No comments: