Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Call Me Butter, Cause I'm On A Roll!

It started as a friendly game of volleyball. You know, have some folks over, share a meal. Smack the ball around a little as a way to get to know everyone a little better. At least that's what Jodi said when she called to invite us over. Ya, right. Do you know Jodi Mundy? If you keep score, you play to win. So I broke out the doo rag, tied it on, and we went at it. At the end of the night, I was a tired, sweaty 42 year old. And my team split with Jodi 2 games to 2. And, yes, I botched the final point of the last game. But Rachelle was serving, and you know I let her win, right?

These are good times that we share. These are my friends, the people that the Collins' "do life" with (Luke and Karissa Kimmel left just before the picture - they're homeys too!). We're trying our best to share life - the best possible life, life in Christ - together. We don't always do it right (let's not even say words like "perfect!"). But we try. And you know what? We're always ready to add people to the party. Wanna play?

No comments: