Friday, August 17, 2007

Thinking About the Leadership Summit

If you do a google search for "2007 Leadership Summit" you can find complete sets of notes on each session - some people were even posting "live" to their blogs, which on some level is cool, but on another causes me to pause and think "Dude, get a life!" :) My point is that there may not be a lot of value in me simply adding my notes to the huge collection already on the web.

But what I'm thinking might be kinda cool is to simply share 1 or 2 interesting comments or quotes from each session. Maybe something that surprised me (like watching Erik Mongrain do his "air tap" - way cool!) or really caused me to think an issue through.

So, without further ado, I'll begin with Bill Hybels' first session "Vision to Die For"

"Vision is the painting of a picture that produces passion in people."

"Great leaders spend more time building ownership of a vision than they do taking credit for the vision."

Next up: Session 2 with Carly Fiorina

No comments: