Friday, September 14, 2007

Blue Like Jazz


Few books have impacted me like Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz. I've owned it for several years and have read it more times than any other book in my life. I've given probably 20 copies of it away. And I can't read it without weeping one moment and having a deep belly laugh the next. In that book, Miller portrays each of us at different times, and maybe above all else, comes across as real and believable. Those are two qualities that Jesus deserves, and that the Church desperately needs.

I ran across this link today, where you can hear a couple of interview clips with Don. In the first, he talks about Blue Like Jazz the book. And then, in the second, he gives us a peek into Blue Like Jazz, the movie (who knew?)! To get the scoop, click here.

No comments: