Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Friend of Mine Once Said . . .

From Guy Mundy's journal:

Most of these small journals start with the words
of other men. But this one I feel should begin with my own
words.

Why is it that the words of other men inspire me? Do
the men who spoke these words gain their perspective from other men as
well? I like to think they are original thoughts. Maybe they were
crafted from the various snippets of inspiring words by
others.

Most of these thoughts are from experiences in life.
Penned with great emotion and passion.

These records of inspiration have the power to change the world. Alter the course of a wandering soul.

It is for this reason we must write and speak what is on our
mind. Share what is heavy on our heart. It makes no difference how
we convey these thoughts. They may be meaningless to some, but they
may be understood by one and that one who comprehends can be changed
forever.

The words can be deemed as spiritual
food. Nourishment to advance a pilgrim down the road. Energized
to further his journey. Live to fight another day.

It is not only words that we must share. Our life must be open for all to explore
also. This becomes frightening for some, especially for me. What if
I am found out? That people see me for who I really am?

But that is the gift of a shared life. For our failings and
shortcomings is precisely where we gain our strength. It is where we
can support one another. Where one is weak, the strong can fill the
void.

I think that is why God created us with different gifts and
personalities. He wanted our lives to be intermingled. Joined
together to become one holistic organism. Working together to glorify Him
through love.

When we hole up and escape to our caves for extended
times I believe we lose some of the giftedness of togetherness. Spend
to much time alone and it is hard to engage with other lives.

I have a great tendency to want to be alone. Although I think God wants us
to spend some time alone. But it is in these moments that I must take
those who are in my life with me in spirit. For in these times of solitude
I hear whisperings from God. Nudgings from the Holy Spirit. "love
your brothers" He says. "Fight for my Kingdom, share Me with those
who don't know Me, help the weak, give to those in need. Understand
the depths of My love."

Lord, Help me be bold enough to share my
life. I am am not perfect by myself, but when locked in arms with my
brothers in Christ, I am powerful beyond measure. The Kingdom gates are
flung open and your love floods out. Saturating our souls,
filling our every void with your spirit. may those moments come with
greater frequency and with increasing power.

Come Lord Jesus, come!

No comments: