Monday, December 18, 2006

Praying With the Church


As an elder of Tulip Street Christian Church, I have the privilege of praying for God’s people who gather there, as well as for needs in our community as they arise. I want to begin posting these concerns weekly, and ask that as you read them, you would join with the great cloud of witnesses that comprise the Kingdom, and make these prayers your own. Simply mouthing the words “Lord, hear our prayers” will be our collective offering of unity under the name of Jesus. May we pray boldly . . .

George Miner – Mike is responding well to the chemotherapy; keep him in prayer. Praise God! Lord, hear our prayers.

Jeanna Hill – both of my children have been sick & missed a week of school, the adults are fighting it off. There is a lot of hardship in the families surrounding the death of Pauline’s father. Lord, hear our prayers.

John McBride – my family at this time – loss of my father. Lord, hear our prayers.

Dawn Lee – Derek Smedley in Afghanistan during the holidays. Also his parents & my mom. Lord, hear our prayers.

Theresa Banks – Sylvia Jewell. Lord, hear our prayers.

Ken Delaney – my daughters’ salvation. Lord, hear our prayers.

Blaize Edwards – my uncle Dan Terrell. He is going through hard times. And my mom. Lord, hear our prayers.

John Ferrell – for my family and friends. Lord, hear our prayers.

Rita Hinkel – Mark Lindsey. Lord, hear our prayers.

Brooke Roll – Josh Roll to come to church. Lord, hear our prayers.

Georgia Slaughter – Richard Reed. Lord, hear our prayers.

No comments: