Thursday, December 21, 2006

Everything Is Spiritual

The Forest Hills Fine Arts Center is a very switched on place. From the art on exhibit in the lobby, to the auditorium that was big enough to seat over a thousand, yet intimate enough to make you think you were in a living room, to the wooden stage. It was all good. It was a bit of a shock to discover that Mitchell is on the same time as Grand Rapids – once we realized this, we had time to use the bathroom and grab a seat. But, just like she said, Charity from NOOMA had saved us a spot and we were good to go.

I need to be careful here not to over-analyze Rob’s teaching, or put words to something that was meant to be experienced. I almost get the feeling that this was like when Neo had visited the Oracle, and Morpheus told him, “What the Oracle said was for you, and for you alone.” I don’t want to kill a moment by hanging words on it, so I’ll just say a couple of things.

One, I think that Mark and Guy had, in some measure, their respective journeys with Jesus confirmed. Even on the drive up, they were sharing conversations that directly mirrored some of the stuff Rob talked about, which was pretty cool. I was honored to share this time with them, and I suspect that is was time well spent for all.

Two, while the whole 1 ½ hour teaching was incredible (just as it was in July!), the thing that has jumped out at me this time was Rob saying, “You will find what you are looking for.” Do I have a tendency towards negativity because that’s what I’m looking for? In being critical, do I miss the positive, good things that God is doing? Much to chew on there!

Lastly, I am a fusion of the physical and the spiritual, and that creation gives God much joy!




Much later that night, I took a turn at the wheel while the others tried to sleep. Bono was singing to me, saying, “Take my mouth, a mouth so quick to criticize; take my mouth, and make it kiss.” I will find what I am looking for – this haunted me on the drive home from GR, and put a quiet exclamation point on what God showed me on our Road Trip.

Peace Out.

No comments: